Keeping Your Presents Safe this Holiday Season
Last year San Diego experienced a ton of package thieves! In fact, all you have to do is Google “Package Thieves, and Holidays”, and you’ll see all the coverage. With multiple package thieves running ramped last holiday season, some who were caught and others who were not. But there is one true constant in the stories of the ones who were caught, and that is the thief getting caught on a security camera.
FACTS About Home Security:
- It is estimated that a home burglary occurs every 15 seconds in the U.S.
- A home security system is one of the best ways to deter burglars and package thieves.
- The best defense is a good offense (put burglars on the defense by recording their every move).
- Motion activated flood lights will truly make a thief think twice before they try to break-in.
- When it looks like you are watching, your home is less likely to become a target.
Advantages of a Home Security System
One of the biggest advantages of having a home security system is that it reduces the likelihood your home is a target. In fact, any home that has a security system is not an easy target. Other advantages include, the ability to monitor who is at your home as well as a reduction in home insurance premiums. In fact, homes that are protected can save up to 20% on their homeowner’s insurance.
The Importance of a Home Security System
Peace of mind comes from knowing your family and your home are safe and secure. When you look at your family, and your home, you know you want them to be safe, always out of harm’s way. When you leave for work, you expect to come back to a smiling family, and to a home that is secure. But as they say, hope is simply not a strategy. The growing crime rates across many cities reflect this bitter reality. Many people overlook, ignore, and underestimate the need of taking appropriate home security measures.
Home Security System 101
Understanding how a home security system works is essential to knowing how to choose the right one. With this in mind, below we explain the basics of how one works.
A basic example of how a home security system works:
- Intruder breaks a window
- The sensor signals the control panel and over a home phone line or cell phone
- Your off-site monitoring station is notified and simultaneously
- A high-decibel alarm is triggered
- The monitoring service calls the house within seconds asking for a password if there is a response
- If there is no response the monitoring service will notify the police.
When home security is necessary…
It is a good idea to consult with a qualified installation contractor like Shultz Audio Video.