TV Wall Mount
If you are like most San Diegans, you love your football games and chances are you may have been one of many who made the mad dash to purchase the newest 4K TV. Whether you rushed to beat the Black Friday lines or patiently waited until the price was right on a Cyber Monday, deal online… now it is time to consider the next phase of your newest home AV addition.
To mount or not to mount that is THE question! So whether you are gearing up for Super Bowl 2016, getting ready for the Oscars or simply waited all year to get the best deal on your new 4K TV you may want to consider mounting your new TV to ensure you home looks the best for the up and coming games, events and fast approaching holiday season.
A TV wall mount regardless of the type you choose has many benefits. Mounting your flat screen TV helps you save space, achieve a sleek look, gives you the ability to watch TV from an optimal viewing angle and most importantly flat screen TVs are meant to be mounted. Mounting a flat screen TV is not some arbitrary task to be completed. Before you mount your new 4K TV you want to consider which the type of mount you want and in order to do so you need to know what types of TV mounts are available and what each offer. With this in mind, we offer you some insight on good, better and best wall mounts.
Wall Mounts, Types and Considerations
On the wall, in the wall or mounted on an arm TV wall mounts offer a way for you to seamlessly blend your home AV and most importantly reduces clutter. Mounting your flat screen TV saves space and can dramatically enhance your view. What’s more, is that most people never consider how the viewing angle of their TV can actually have an impact on their level of comfort. Ideally your eyes should be level with the middle of your screen which is why the importance of knowing what type of wall mount will best suit your home’s environment is important.
Low Profile TV Wall Mount (Good Option):
- Mounts attach nearly flush to the wall.
- Defines the sleek thin lines of a flat screen TV.
- Recommended when your flat screen TV can be positioned at a fixed height and seating is within the optimal viewing angle range.
Tilting TV Wall Mount (Good Option):
- Tilt up or down for a better viewing area from your seating area or your bed.
- For use when multiple viewing angles are desired.
- Recommended when reflections from your windows or your lighting interferes with TV viewing.
- Improves viewing angle, reduces glare and increases viewing angle options.
Articulating Wall Mount (Better Option):
- Mount folds flat against the wall or can extend out up to 12”.
- Adjustments and viewing angles vary product to product but here are some of the various adjustments you can make with this type of wall mount.
- Extension: the TV can be pulled away from a wall in the horizontal plane.
- Pan (Swivel): the TV can be turned left or right from a central pivot point in a horizontal plane.
- Tilt: the flat screen TV can be angled up or down in a vertical plane.
- Rotation (Roll): the TV can be turned in place similar to a car steering wheel used to level the screen.
Full Motion Wall Mount (Best Option):
- The most flexible mounting solution available.
- Extend, tilt, retract or swivel your flat screen TV in any and all directions you desire to achieve the perfect viewing angle from ANYWHERE in the room.
- When multiple viewing positions are preferred.
- Or when the room shape or window location makes it difficult to position the TV properly.
- TV can be repositioned as often as you desire with smooth effortless motion.
- Optimal for corner placement and offers more ways to save space while still offering the greatest range of motion.
- This type of wall mount is great for those who have a TV 65” or larger in that it is controlled remotely. What’s more is you can set specific angles for when you come home, have a glass a wine or eat dinner. With the touch of a button your TV angles to the perfectly set viewing area based on your needs designed programmed uniquely for the way you live.
- This mounting solution is the best possible choice for any household due to the versatility of a full motion TV mount.
- Assurance that a proper viewing angle is achieved and available anywhere in a room.
TV Viewing Angle 101
The TV viewing angle is one of the most overlooked factors during the buying process. In simple terms, TV viewing angle is defined by the maximum angle at which a TV can be viewed without losing brightness or experiencing color shifts. Ideal viewing is or can be defined as watching TV directly in front of your TV screen at eye level. If the viewing angle is not right and has thus moved off center, either vertically or horizontally, TV picture quality will begin to decrease, the screen will dim and colors will fade.
Wall Mounted Flat Screen TV
Wall mounted flat screen TVs can look stylish, save space and depending on where you need to mount your TV with the right mounting solution your new 4K TV will have the most optimal viewing angle no matter where you are in the room. The truth is, your flat screen TV does not have to be an eye sore with today’s mounting solution options you can get creative with where and how you want to hang every new 4K TV you purchased. So, hang it over the fireplace, drop one down from your ceiling or hide it with Stealth Wall Art the possibilities are only as endless as your imagination.
Need help hanging your TV over the Fireplace? Shultz Audio Video has the knowledge and expertise needed to hang a flat screen TV over the fireplace and can even hide every wire while also having the ability to mount your flat screen TV level with the wall. Call us today, we have wall-mounting solutions for any set up you can imagine!