Structured cabling is the backbone of your network infrastructure. Supporting multiple hardware uses and systems cannot be achieved without the proper cabling system in place. Today’s modern office needs to be connected in ways like never before. Businesses need to run smoothly and efficiently if they want to stay at the forefront of their industry. The design and installation of your structured cabling system will support things like audio visual system installations, telephony and data transmission, and provide a network infrastructure that can easily be expanded and maintained.
The dramatic transformation of the Internet and the IoT of things means that your business must adopt new strategies to support the needs of today, and those of the future. Whether you need structured cabling or point-to-point cabling, your primary concern should be network longevity, maintainability, installation, and future growth. The infrastructure for a connected world begins with the proper planning, design, installation, and maintenance of your cabling system.
Whether you’re building a new office or establishment or simply looking to update your existing infrastructure, enlisting the services of a company who understands the requirements and standards of today is a wise and important investment. Bring your office, huddle room, or conference room into the 21st century today. By investing in the cabling infrastructure of your business, you can add a display to your conference room, a projector, a control system, and an audiovisual system, easily.
Know your CATS
Ethernet Category Types
To the casual observer, Ethernet cabling differences can be invisible. Twisted pairs and fiber cables are constantly being upgraded and standardized by the IEEE. Each new iteration of Ethernet, or category, supports increasingly faster bandwidth speeds and improves upon noise cancelation. Although the differences may seem subtle, each new generation introduces copper pairs with tighter twists and sheathing that is more complex. Knowing the differences of each category can help you understand why upgrading is so important.
- Cat5: (Fast Ethernet) cable type, UTP, max data transmission speed 10/100 Mbps, max bandwidth 100 MHz.
- Category 5 cable is an outdated standard and should be replaced.
- Although this cable is considered obsolete, many businesses and establishments have not upgraded.
- Utilizes 2 data pairs.
- Cat5e: (Gigabit Ethernet) cable type UTP, max data transmission speed 1000 Mbps, max bandwidth 100MHz.
- Category 5e adheres to today’s stringent IEEE standards.
- Supports Gigabit speeds at a cost effective price.
- Utilizes 4 data pairs.
- Cat6: (Protects against Near End Crosstalk NEXT and Alien Crosstalk AXT) cable type UTP or STP, max data transmission speed 1000 Mbps, max bandwidth 250MHz.
- Cat6 wiring supports up to 10 Gbps and frequencies of up to 250 MHz.
- When transmitting at 10Gbps speeds, CAT6 only supports a maximum distance of 37 meters.
- Cat6a: (Eliminates Alien Crosstalk AXT & Improves signal-to-noise SNR) cable type STP, max data transmission speed 10,000 Mbps, max bandwidth 500MHz.
- Cat6a wiring supports 10 Gigabit Ethernet at 100 meters.
- Eliminates Alien Crosstalk (AXT).
- Improves signal-to-noise ratio (SNR).
- Cat7: (Requires Special GigaGate45 CG45 Connectors) cable type SSTP, max data transmission speed 10,000 Mbps, max bandwidth 600MHz.
- Has the ability to transmit up to 40 Gb at 50 meters and 100 Gb at 15 meters.
- Cabling can support frequencies of up to 600 MHz.
- Offers extensive shielding to reduce signal attenuation.
- Shielding must be grounded and requires special GigaGate45 (CG45) connectors.
Creating a positive impact on your restaurant, sports bar, or business operations can contribute to the success of your business. In the modern world, your workplace environment should continually transform to keep up with the pace of technology. Connecting the digital world and your workplace begins and ends with the right network infrastructure.
Consider a work environment with real time conference room booking, or having an integrated system that understands which parts of your building are most active at which times, and uses that information to intelligently control lighting and climate so you use electricity more efficiently.
Whether your business is in the retail, commercial, corporate, or hospitality sector, installing and maintaining a variety of commercial audio, video, and control systems begins with the right network infrastructure. Building from a solid cabling infrastructure allows you to easily add:
- Communications: (wired or wireless) voice, data, security, surveillance, and control systems.
- Audio Visual: (enhancing your workplace environment) background music, display systems, projection systems, video conferencing, digital signage, and more.
- Conference Rooms:
- Flat Panel Display.
- Interactive Display.
- Projection Systems.
- HD Video Conferencing.
- Automated Lighting & Shade Integration.
- AV System Control:
- Automated Control.
- Keypads or Touch Panels.
- Systems Management:
- Remote Systems Management.
- Building Control.
- Energy Management.
- Distributed Audio Visual Systems:
- Background Music.
- Paging Systems.
- HDTV Distribution.
- Digital Signage.
- Conference Room Scheduling.
- Video Conferencing:
- Multi-Point or Point-to-Point.
Take your Workplace into the Modern World Today…
The Modern Conference Room
Your conference room should not only make a statement about your company, it needs to be the place where effective communication happens. What technology brings to the modern conference room is a space to collaborate, communicate ultimately enabling your business to be more productive and efficient. A properly designed AV system will be intuitive and easy to use allowing participants to effortlessly communication and share information. The only way this can happen: your control system must have a way to access all of your audiovisual equipment in the presentation system.
Updating an Existing Infrastructure
Case Study: Pacific Science & Engineering Group, San Diego CA
Challenge: The leaders of this business needed a way to create an impact in their meetings. Ultimately they needed the right communication tools that enabled them to influence others. With an understanding that people receive information in multiple ways, their wish was to have a system that enabled the type of communication that could help them deliver their messages effectively. Better communication tools lead to better decisions and better results.
Solution: Create an Effective Presentation System:
The System Solution:
Two BenQ Projectors
HDMI Matrix: Input x2 Output x2
ONE RTI Control Keypad (in-wall)
Tower Dual Monitor Outputs
Let Shultz Audio Video be your Structured Cabling Installation Contractor
As a provider of Commercial AV Services in San Diego, Shultz Audio Video brings high value to each of our clients enabling them make their technology and integration dreams come to life.
At Shultz Audio Video, our values drive who we are and what we do. We pride ourselves on building one-to-one relationships with each of our clients. We are passionate about providing the very best pro audio and pro video solutions on the market. At Shultz Audio Video, we think that everyone should enjoy a connected world.
Contact us today. We have solutions to fit your budget.
Our promise to you, to provide you with solutions that fit your needs as well as you budget, deliver the solutions that bring your ideas to life, provide you a level of service that makes you feel important because the truth is… you are!
We welcome you to…
Discover, what it’s like to be the most innovative and efficient business in your industry… Shultz Audio Video we design, build integrate and support systems for audio video collaboration, advanced visualization, digital media, AV distribution, and smart building control.
Our team of San Diego Commercial AV experts can help you bring your dreams to life. Shultz Audio Video we offer integrated commercial AV systems integration designed for the way you live and work.
Shultz Audio Video, We Inspire Living through Technology! Call our San Diego Commercial AV office today at (760) 505-7461!